Lori Leigh Wilson bestowed this honor on me and it just tickled me pink. How nice to be picked out of the sea of bloggers as one worthy of a Liebster Award!!!
Liebster Awards go to “up and coming” bloggers with less than 200 followers. The origins of this award are unclear and are simply given by fellow award nominees to blogs that inspire them and that they enjoy reading. “Liebster” means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome in German.
When you receive a Liebster Award, you have to give 11 random facts about yourself, answer 11 questions posed by the nominator, nominate 11 other blogs, and pose 11 questions for your nominees. Here we go…..
11 Random Facts about Myself:
1. I had a speech impediment as a child that led me to pronounce my name as Twicia. R’s were the bane of my existence!
2. Some unnamed people in my life gave me the nickname Klutzy Klaudi when I was younger. It’s a good thing I’m not sensitive – to names or falls.
3. I also earned the nickname Butterfingers at an infamous holiday dinner. I can still see the scene happening in slow mo: The butter is passed to me and I clumsily tilt the lovely butter dish. My catlike reflexes kick in and I grab the butter before it lands SPLAT on the table…and then I am squishing the soften butter between my fingers and the whole family is laughing hysterically.
4. In our 6 years of marriage, The Hubs and I have lived in 5 different houses. Yes, we are certifiably insane.
5. I get a really dry scalp every year at this time and the only shampoo that works to correct it (Nizoral) is currently selling on Amazon for $80 per bottle because there is apparently a shortage of epic proportions. Guess I will live with flakes this spring. Unless, one of my readers has a bottle stashed away that they want to send me!!!
6. I have CNIDOPHOBIA. Go ahead, look it up. Consider this a vocabulary lesson. Here’s a hint: Jellyfish, bees, wasps and hornets are all things I hate. Especially jellyfish.
7. I watch General Hospital. Yes, I am a soap-opera watching stay-at-home mom. No, I don’t eat bon-bons while watching, a la Peg Bundy.
8. I failed my driving exam on the first attempt. Who knew that you were supposed to STOP at a stop sign?
9. I just started running again and will run a 5K at some point this year.
10. ♫ I was working as a waitress in a cocktail bar ♫ when I met The Hubs. Charlie’s Pub in Philadelphia to be exact.
11. I am not a reality TV junkie but I do absolutely LOVE Big Brother. So, if my blogging significantly drops off starting June 26th through the rest of the summer, you now know why.
11 Questions From Lori:
1. If you could have one superpower – what would it be? Invisibility – so I could be the “fly on the wall” anywhere!
2. What is your favourite thing about blogging? It makes me sane again. You know, on those days when my kids have pecked away at my brain cells and left me with very little to lean on. On those days, blogging replenishes, restores and rejuvenates my brain. And, I like spreading goodness and kindness too.
3. What are your top 3 books of all time? 1. The Great Gatsby, 2. Are You There God? It’s Me Margaret, 3. Rebecca
4. What are your top 3 movies of all time? 1. The Princess Bride, 2. Zoolander, 3. The Shining
5. Which celebrity would you most like to have dinner with? Sandra Bullock – I mean, if I get out for dinner, I want it to be fun.
6. What makes you laugh the most? Poop/Fart humor.
7. What is the best joke you’ve ever heard? How do you make a tissue dance? PUT A LITTLE BOOGIE IN IT!
8. Who inspires you? My mom. I CANNOT believe she did this parenthood thing single for a while. I owe her bigtime!
9. What did you want to be when you were a child? A veterinarian. And then I realized the commitment that required and I changed my mind.
10. What is the most interesting place you’ve ever traveled to? Norway – beautiful scenery and such an interesting social structure. The people are pretty fantastic too…shout out Marit!
11. What are you most grateful for? Family. And wine. 🙂
4. Go Mama O
8. Laughing Mom
10. Liv in Real Life
11. The Lambent Life
11 Questions From Me:
1. What musical artist are you listening to these days?
2. If you could be any animal, what would you be? Why?
3. What do you say when your (or someone else’s) kid asks you why the sky is blue?
4. Favorite Food?
5. If $$ were no object, where would you travel on your next vacation?
6. How do you like your eggs?
7. Favorite Reality TV Show?
8. What was your very first job?
9. What book is on your nightstand right now?
10. What’s your guilty pleasure?
11. At what age is your earliest memory?
I am going to Pay It Forward to my favorite newbie bloggers now, and I want to say Thank You to Lori. This truly made my week!