I can’t believe it. Oh. My. Goodness. I’m as excited as a school girl in a princess-themed candy store. I’ve been nominated for The Very Inspiring Blogger Award! I have to, of course thank The Hubs. Without The Hubs, I would not have been able to produce such adorable* offspring, and without such adorable* offspring, I would not have been inspired to embark on this blogging journey. And, had I never embarked on this blogging journey, I may have lost my mind and ended up in a Home For Mothers Whose Brains Have Succumbed to Mommy Brain Syndrome. Of course, had I never produced said adorable* offspring, then I would not be in the position to lose my mind, but I digress. Yes, this blog has been an inspiration in my life and I am so glad to hear that it has inspired at least one other person.
*Adorable is code for: Beautiful children, inside and out, who are busy, busy, bees, know how to push their mommy’s buttons, throw epic tantrums and still manage to make me laugh and smile every day.
First, let me give a HUGE shout-out to Becky over at The Dissocial Mom, who is Delirious. Irritable. Smelly. Sleepy. Overwhelmed. Cranky. In. Absolute. Love. Her tagline drew me in (because I am all of those things too!) and I have enjoyed reading her posts ever since. One of my favorites is this one on Privacy… a must read for any parent who has used the bathroom as an escape. Thanks Becky!
The rules for accepting The Very Inspiring Blogger Award are as follows:
- Display the Award Certificate on your website.
- Announce your win with a post and link to whoever presented you with the award.
- Present 15 awards to deserving bloggers.
- Drop them a comment to tip them off after you have linked them in the post.
- Post 7 interesting things about yourself.
I will start with #5 and try to come up with some titillating tidbits about myself that you may not know, which is a bit challenging since I had to post 11 facts about myself for the Liebster Award. If you find these 7 tidbits only whet your whistle, then click on over to that post for more fun facts about me.
1. My first job out of college paid a whopping $23,500 per year. Yes, this is the price of being a Do-Gooder.
2. I would choose to go the Jersey Shore over any other beach in the summer. There is no place like it.
3. I have been to 21 states in the US and intend to visit all 50 at some point in my life, preferably via a long, cross-country road trip.
4. I am endlessly entertained by Googling “Do a Barrel Roll.”
5. And I also have a lot of fun playing Pacman on Google here.
6. I am generally comfortable in my own skin. That said, were I to win the lottery tomorrow, I would schedule a tummy tuck and boob lift to reclaim areas of my body that were sacrificed in the reproductive process.
7. I love weather. The Weather Channel is absolutely fascinating TV and I could watch it endlessly, especially when there is a big storm brewing. I love it so much I probably should have been a meteorologist. Or a tornado chaser. Or the woman who flies the plane into the eye of a hurricane.
To my nominees, please do not feel pressure to accept this nomination, but know that I have read your blog and found inspiration in your words and ideas. Thank you for sharing your “world” with me.
- Prego and the Loon
- Lori Leigh Wilson
- Momisms – My Moments in Motherhood
- Two Andersons & Me
- The Mommaleh
- Adventures, Aspirations and Aha Moments
- Life After Anorexia, Bullying and Suicide Attempts
- IPledgeAFallegiance –
- Raising 5 Kids With Disabilities and Staying Sane
- Reasons For Believing
- A Warm Place Within
- Julie Talk
- Best 3 Of Everything
- One Mum’s Adventure
I’ll leave you with one of my favorite inspirational quotes:
“You must be the change you wish to see in the world.” M. Ghandi