‘Tis the season of summer reading lists….do you have yours ready yet? I am an avid reader and am looking forward to reading some books that have been buzzed about: Reconstructing Amelia by Kimberly McCreight, We Need New Names by NoViolet Bulawayo and Sisterland by Curtis Sittenfeld have made the list, all books I discovered on this excellent summer reading list. But, I have decided to go on a entirely new reading adventure this summer and you are invited! My blog’s purpose is to inspire adults and children to improve their own lives by doing good, being kind and making a difference in the lives of others. The Do Good, Read More Summer Reading Challenge provides each of us with an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of our fellow bloggers, and, in the process, improve readership and exposure on our blogs too. Will you join me on the challenge?
Summer Reading Challenge Rules:
- Display the Do Good, Read More Summer Reading Challenge Image on your website and link it back to this post.
- Read one blog that you have never visited each day from June 24th – August 18th. Explore other blogging platforms, click on suggested posts, ask others for suggestions – the only rule is that the blog must be “new to you.”
- Leave a comment for each of the bloggers whom you have discovered. You can offer support and constructive criticism or share knowledge and ideas.
- Share the blogs you have discovered in any way you see fit. Blog daily, compile weekly lists, or write a “This is How I Spent My Summer” post sharing all the links.
Follow these rules and by the end of the summer, you will have connected with 56 new bloggers and your exposure will have grown considerably. Better yet, you will be supporting your fellow writers who, like you, take the time and have the courage to share their thoughts and ideas with world using blogging as their medium.
Are you ready for the Do Good, Read More Summer Reading Challenge? Join today and then share this invitation with your network!
**Note: This challenge is clearly targeted towards bloggers, but you don’t have to be a blogger to participate. Simply read a new blog and comment on it each day and you, too, will be making a difference in the lives of bloggers!**
- Summer Reading Challenge: Link Up (mommablogsalot.com)
- The BIG List of Summer Reading Programs (todaysmama.com)
- Vacation and Your Blog (girl-who-reads.com)